A Damaged Tooth Might Need an Endodontist

Posted .

Endodontics is essentially an extension of general dentistry. An endodontist receives an extended education which allows him to treat dental health conditions that affect the sensitive core structures within a tooth. This can be especially helpful for individuals who have just suffered a severe dental trauma. If you or someone near you has just suffered a badly damaged tooth, it’s best to seek treatment from our qualified endodontist, Dr. Andrew Calhoun and the staff specialists at Jacksonville Endodontic Associates.

If a significant amount of the tooth’s internal structure has been compromised he might need to perform endodontic therapy.  Sometimes referred to as a root canal this treatment process is designed to remove the damaged or diseased pulp in the tooth, replace it with a filler material and seal it against infection. The dentist may suggest covering the tooth with a crown for added protection and restored function. The crown will be created in a state of the art dental lab from special materials meant to rival the strength of natural tooth enamel. When it’s ready the dentist will cement your crown onto your tooth with a special type of dental adhesive.

If you are in the Jacksonville, Florida, area and you or someone near you has just suffered a severe dental trauma, you should call 904-296-8884 to seek emergency endodontic care at Jacksonville Endodontic Associates.