A Severe Dental Fracture Might Need Endodontic Care

Posted .

Oral injuries are increasingly more likely to occur for contact sport athletes or for people participating in rigorous activities. Chances of oral trauma also increase significantly if you are lax about using a quality mouthguard at the appropriate times.

When a dental injury like a dental fracture occurs, it can likely cause discomfort or even pain. In the case of a severe dental fracture, you might need to seek endodontic care at Jacksonville Endodontic Associates.

If the root or socket of the tooth has sustained damage, Dr. Andrew Calhoun might need to perform a root canal. This course of endodontic treatment will extract the damaged material from within the tooth and replace it with a special dental material.

Once Dr. Andrew Calhoun has made this dental abutment, he will cast a detailed impression of the area. This will be sent to his off-site dental lab to serve as a guide for the lab technicians who will create a dental crown from either porcelain, gold, or a base metallic alloy.

When it’s ready, Dr. Andrew Calhoun will cement the crown onto the newly restored abutment with a strong dental adhesive.

If you live in the Jacksonville, Florida, area and you have suffered a severe dental fracture, you should call 904.352.2510 to seek endodontic care at Jacksonville Endodontic Associates.