If you should ever suffer an oral accident or injury, it is important to visit your dentist to determine if any underlying damage has occurred. If damage deep within a tooth has occurred and the pulp is damaged, it must be removed. Normally, a damaged pulp means a tooth would need to be extracted. However, thanks to modern dentistry and the rise of endodontics, teeth with damage pulps can still be saved. Consider the following information regarding endodontics:
– Endodontics treatments can restore teeth and give them a chance to function effectively in your mouth rather than needing to extract them and prepare your smile for a prosthetic.
– Endodontists can complete root canal treatments, advanced endodontic surgeries, and other oral health care procedures designed to save damaged and broken teeth.
– Endodontists require an additional 2 years of compound medical training beyond traditional dental school.
– Endodontic treatments such as root canal therapies are responsible for saving millions of teeth every single year that otherwise would need to be extracted.
– Endodontics treatments can often save teeth so that they can function effectively for the rest of your life.
– Root canal treatments can reestablish the function to a broken tooth.
If you are ready for an endodontic treatment from Jacksonville Endodontic Associates at our dentist office in Jacksonville, Florida, then you are welcome to call us at 904-296-8884 . Dr. Andrew Calhoun and our entire team look forward to improving your oral health with endodontic therapy.