If you should ever suffer an oral accident or injury, it is important to visit your dentist to determine if any underlying damage has occurred. If damage deep within a tooth has occurred and the pulp is damaged, it must be removed. Normally, a damaged pulp means a tooth would need to be extracted. However, thanks to modern dentistry and the rise of endodontics, teeth with damage pulps can still be saved. Consider the following information regarding endodontics:
– Endodontics treatments can restore teeth and give them a chance to function effectively in your mouth rather than needing to extract them and prepare your smile for a prosthetic.
– Endodontists can complete root canal treatments, advanced endodontic surgeries, and other oral health care procedures designed to save damaged and broken teeth.
– Endodontists require an additional 2 years of compound medical training beyond traditional dental school.
– Endodontic treatments such as root canal therapies are responsible for saving millions of teeth every single year that otherwise would need to be extracted.
– Endodontics treatments can often save teeth so that they can function effectively for the rest of your life.
– Root canal treatments can reestablish the function to a broken tooth.
If you are ready for an endodontic treatment from Jacksonville Endodontic Associates at our dentist office in Jacksonville, Florida, then you are welcome to call us at 904.352.2510. Dr. Andrew Calhoun and our entire team look forward to improving your oral health with endodontic therapy.