Are you familiar with a specialized field within a branch of endodontics known as root canal therapy? Root canal therapy is a specific treatment designed to help care for the inner linings of a tooth to ensure the tooth can survive pulp damage. For more information concerning root canal therapy, look below:
– Root canal therapy is an endodontic treatment designed to remove the pulp without destroying the tooth.
– If you suffer from deep cavities and extensive dental erosion, it can infect your pulp and leave you liable for a root canal therapy.
– Repeated dental procedures that slowly wear away the tooth enamel on a tooth can leave a tooth of vulnerable to pulp infection.
– Pulp infection can often occur if bacteria enter a tooth after an oral accident or injury. If any fractures or splits occur with the surface of a tooth, they will need to be repaired.
– Microscopic damage due to various oral health risks can leave a tooth vulnerable to bacterial infections that can cause pulp failure.
The time is now to enhance your smile with a root canal therapy from our dentist, Dr. Andrew Calhoun, and our team at our office in Jacksonville, Florida. Jacksonville Endodontic Associates wants your smile to remain healthy for decades to come, so call us at 904-296-8884 to book an appointment.